Rupee Weakens by 13 Paise to 64.65 Against US Dollar
The rupee weakened by 13 paise to 64.65 against the US dollar in early trade on Friday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market due to the appreciation of the American currency overseas.
Image for representative purposes only.
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 13 paise to 64.65 against the US dollar in early trade on Friday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market due to the appreciation of the American currency overseas.
Besides, a lower opening in the domestic equity market also weighed on the rupee, dealers said.
The rupee had closed on Thursday at a near 20-month high of 64.52, firming up by 35 paise against the US dollar on the massive unwinding of the American currency by exporters amid buoyant growth outlook by the Reserve Bank.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 164.32 points or 0.54 per cent to 29,763.02 in opening trade today.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,731.55||-1.28|
Recommended For You
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Denmark Buys 4 Elephants from Circus to Protect Their Rights and Welfare
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5