Rupee Weakens by 13 Paise to 64.65 Against US Dollar
The rupee weakened by 13 paise to 64.65 against the US dollar in early trade on Friday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market due to the appreciation of the American currency overseas.
Image for representative purposes only
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 13 paise to 64.65 against the US dollar in early trade on Friday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market due to the appreciation of the American currency overseas.
Besides, a lower opening in the domestic equity market also weighed on the rupee, dealers said.
The rupee had closed on Thursday at a near 20-month high of 64.52, firming up by 35 paise against the US dollar on the massive unwinding of the American currency by exporters amid buoyant growth outlook by the Reserve Bank.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 164.32 points or 0.54 per cent to 29,763.02 in opening trade today.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,751.65||1.59|
Recommended For You
- Holi 2019: 5 Bollywood Films That Will Not Remain Same Without Festival of Colours
- Thanos aka Josh Brolin Says Happy Holi on Instagram, Gets Love From Indian Fans
- IPL 2019: Kohli and Chhetri Bond During RCB Training Camp
- Hey Siri, New Apple AirPods Are Priced From Rs 14,900; H1 Chip And Longer Battery Life On Board
- Six Dead, Dozens Injured as Blast Rocks Chemical Plant in China
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s