Rupee Slips to 64.45 Against Dollar in Opening Trade
The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Mumbai: The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Traders attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks and a lower opening in the domestic equity market.
On Monday, the rupee was down 20 paise to end at a one- week low of 64.44 amid concerns about a probable Fed rate increase.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 19.90 points, or 0.06 per cent, to 31,075.80 in opening trade on Tuesday.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss Winner Shilpa Shinde Quits Twitter, Says 'My Own Fans Were Trying to Control Me'
- Actress Hansika Motwani's Phone Hacked, Private Pictures Leaked Online
- Taking LA Streets by Storm, J Sisters Priyanka Chopra and Sophie Turner go on a Girls Night Out
- PUBG Mobile and Resident Evil 2 Collaboration Teased, Zombie Mode on the Cards
- Pixar's First Woman Directed Short 'Bao' is Special and Not Just for the Oscar Nomination
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s