Rupee Slips to 64.45 Against Dollar in Opening Trade
The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Mumbai: The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Traders attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks and a lower opening in the domestic equity market.
On Monday, the rupee was down 20 paise to end at a one- week low of 64.44 amid concerns about a probable Fed rate increase.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 19.90 points, or 0.06 per cent, to 31,075.80 in opening trade on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- DeepVeer Wedding: First Visuals of Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh Post Ceremonies Go Viral
- After MS Dhoni and Mary Kom, Now a Biopic on Bhaichung Bhutia in the Pipeline
- Intel AI DevCon: Betting Big on Neural Compute Stick 2, And a Generous Dose of AI
- After Losing Her Fiancé in Lion Air Crash, Indonesian Woman Takes Wedding Photos Alone
- Petta: After 2.0, Watch Rajinikanth Once More in Pongal Release