Rupee Slips to 64.45 Against Dollar in Opening Trade
The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Mumbai: The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Traders attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks and a lower opening in the domestic equity market.
On Monday, the rupee was down 20 paise to end at a one- week low of 64.44 amid concerns about a probable Fed rate increase.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 19.90 points, or 0.06 per cent, to 31,075.80 in opening trade on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2018: The Curious Case of Sunrisers Hyderabad Pacers & Spinners
- Aladdin Review: Disney's Broadway Musical Creates Desi Magic, Charms Audience
- Apple Watch Series 3 Cellular on Its Way to India: Here's What to Expect
- Ford Freestyle Launching in India on April 26, Will it be Priced Under Rs 6 Lakh?
- ‘Cancelled Ola Ride as Driver Was ...,’ Controversial Tweet Triggers Hilarious Memes