Rupee Slips to 64.45 Against Dollar in Opening Trade
The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
A man holding counterfeit currency in his hands.(Image for representation only. )
Mumbai: The rupee on Tuesday saw a subdued start with a loss of just one paise at 64.45 against the US dollar. Strength in the dollar against other currencies overseas made the rupee keep a low profile.
Traders attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks and a lower opening in the domestic equity market.
On Monday, the rupee was down 20 paise to end at a one- week low of 64.44 amid concerns about a probable Fed rate increase.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 19.90 points, or 0.06 per cent, to 31,075.80 in opening trade on Tuesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Says 'Overworked And Underpaid' Describe Her Best
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria
- Facebook Friends Who Met for the First Time During Durga Puja Get Married in 4 Hours
- ‘Lo Chali Main’: Renuka Shahane Just Had a ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’ Moment and Twitter is LOLing