Rupee Softens 5 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee was trading lower by 5 paise at 64.96 against the American currency in early trade on Thursday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange after the dollar gained strength overseas.
Representative image (PTI)
Mumbai: The rupee was trading lower by 5 paise at 64.96 against the American currency in early trade on Thursday at the Interbank Foreign Exchange after the dollar gained strength overseas.
Forex dealers said that increased demand for the US currency from importers and the dollar's gains against other currencies overseas put pressure on the rupee.
However, a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the rupee's losses, they said.
on Wednesday, the rupee had marched to a new 17-month high to close at 64.91, up 13 paise. This was a level not seen since October 2015, as speculative traders and exporters resorted to heavy selling of the greenback.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex advanced by 63.41 points, or 0.21 per cent, to 29,594.84 in the opening trade on Thursday.
|Power Grid Corp||184.05||-1.02|
Recommended For You
- EICMA 2018: Top Electric Bikes Unveiled At The Event
- ATK’s Komal Thatal Called Up For Indian Team Camp Ahead of Jordan Friendly
- Avengers 4: Will Thanos Snap Again or Doctor Strange will Figure Out a Solution?
- Why Did GQ Use Quotations on its Cover To Describe Serena Williams' Gender, Eh?
- Radhika Apte Chilling by the Pool Will Give You Major #VacationGoals