Rupee Softens 9 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The dollar gained against global currencies amid the United Nations' move to impose fresh sanctions on North Korea.
Image for representation (Photo: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 9 paise to 63.87 against the US dollar in early trade today at the interbank foreign exchange on fresh demand for the greenback from banks and importers.
A strong dollar in overseas markets weighed on the rupee sentiment, currency traders said. The dollar gained against global currencies amid the United Nations' move to impose fresh sanctions on North Korea.
The rupee had continued its rising run for the third day, surging by 27 paise to hit a fresh one-month high of 63.78 against the US currency on Friday.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex spurted by 186.61 points or 0.59 per cent to 31,874.13 in early trade.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nayanthara Celebrates Birthday with Boyfriend Vignesh Shivan in New York
- Kerala MLA Asked Locals to Gift Him Books, Now He's Donating Them to School Libraries
- Australia's Emily Smith Suspended for Posting Team News on Instagram
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Review: A Lot of Style And Even More Substance
- WhatsApp Beta Tests Letting You Sign in on Multiple Devices; No Dark Mode Updates Yet