Rupee Spurts 10 Paise Against Dollar, Equities Support
The rupee made a positive start on Thursday by firming up 10 paise to 64.45 against the dollar, with domestic equities playing along.
A man holding counterfeit currency in his hands.(Image for representation only. )
Mumbai: The rupee made a positive start on Thursday by firming up 10 paise to 64.45 against the dollar, with domestic equities playing along.
According to forex dealers, fresh selling of the American currency by exporters and banks caused by its weakness overseas gave the rupee strength.
A higher opening in the domestic equity market only fuelled the uptrend.
On Wednesday, the rupee had shed 2 paise to close at 64.55 against the greenback in limited trade on the back of stray dollar demand from importers. In early trade on Thursday, the benchmark Sensex rose 159.85 points, or 0.51 per cent, to 30,994.17.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Janhvi Kapoor Steps Out With Price Tag Attached to Outfit
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge