Rupee Spurts 25 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
Stock markets opening with gains bolstered the rupee sentiment. However, the dollar's strength against other currencies overseas capped the gains, a currency trader said.
Image for representation.
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated by another 25 paise to 64.68 against the US currency in early trade at the interbank forex market on Monday on dollar selling by banks and exporters.
Stock markets opening with gains bolstered the rupee sentiment, a currency trader said.
However, the dollar's strength against other currencies overseas capped the gains, dealers said.
On Friday, the rupee had gained 15 paise to end at a fresh three-week high of 64.93 on easing macro worries coupled with record-setting domestic equities.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rallied 254.63 points to hit all-time high of 32,687.32 while NSE Nifty scaled new peak of 10,242.45 in early trade.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
|Power Grid Corp||211.15||2.92|
Recommended For You
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- Mission Mangal vs Batla House Box Office: Akshay Kumar Maintains Lead on Day 3
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it