Rupee Surges 19 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
On Monday, the rupee had recovered 4 paise to close at 70.14 against the American currency, following weak crude oil prices and the dollar's losses in global markets.
Mumbai: The rupee gained 19 paise against the US dollar on Wednesday to trade at 69.95 after increased selling of the US currency by exporters and banks.
However, a lower opening of the domestic equity markets capped the rise, dealers said.
At the Interbank Foreign Exchange, the rupee opened on a strong note at 69.79 a dollar against the previous close of 70.14. Further, the domestic unit surrendered early gains to quote at 69.95, showing a gain of 19 paise.
Financial markets were closed on Tuesday on account of Christmas.
On Monday, the rupee had recovered 4 paise to close at 70.14 against the American currency, following weak crude oil prices and the dollar's losses in global markets due to political uncertainty in the US.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex plunged over 350 points as investors turned jittery over political uncertainty in the US and fears of a global economic slowdown amid heavy selloff by foreign investors.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Plans Start at Rs 222 Which Includes Bundled Non-Jio Calls
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display