Seats (2018) 59/59 seats
Andhra Pradesh3/3 seats
Himachal Pradesh1/1 seats
Madhya Pradesh5/5 seats
Uttar Pradesh10/10 seats
West Bengal5/5 seats
Total Strength: 245
Rupee Tumbles 12 Paise Against Dollar on US Rate Hike Calls
The rupee turned weak by 12 paise to 66.83 against the dollar on Monday at the foreign exchange market after the American currency gained ground following a spurt in demand from importers.
Representative Image (Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee turned weak by 12 paise to 66.83 against the dollar on Monday at the foreign exchange market after the American currency gained ground following a spurt in demand from importers.
Dealers said strength in the dollar against some other currencies overseas on the prospects of higher US rates also weighed on the rupee, but a higher opening in the domestic equity market meant the losses were limited.
On Friday, the rupee had staged a smart recovery from its three-week low against the US currency to close up by 23 paise at 66.71 on heavy corporate dollar sales as well as easing inflationary pressure.
The benchmark BSE Sensex rose further by 129.61 points, or 0.26 per cent, to 27,803.21 in early trade on Monday.
|Power Grid Corp||194.25||+1.55||+0.80|
Recommended For You
- Sonam and Anand All Set to Tie the Knot in Geneva? Deets Inside
- Hichki Review: Rani Mukerji Is In Solid Form In This Well-intentioned Film
- Royal Enfield Interceptor INT 650 Spotted Testing in India, Launch Imminent
- 3 Navratra Recipes that are Healthy and Sumptuous
- Shahid Thinks Mira Would Date This Bollywood Star If They Were Not Married