Rupee Tumbles 24 Paise, Stronger Equities Restrict Fall
Reversing its 4-day climb, the rupee fell 24 paise to 65.65 against the dollar on Friday as the American currency got some of its lure back among banks and importers.
Representative image (PTI Photo)
Mumbai: Reversing its 4-day climb, the rupee fell 24 paise to 65.65 against the dollar on Friday as the American currency got some of its lure back among banks and importers.
The dollar's strength overseas weighed, but a higher opening in domestic equities cushioned the impact.
The rupee had gained 28 paise to close at a fresh 16-month high of 65.41 yesterday after the US Fed stuck to its stance of a gradual approach on future rate hikes.
The Sensex rallied 238.77 points, or 0.80 per cent, to 29,824.62 in early part of the session.
Recommended For You
- Rising India: Ranveer Singh Talks About Facing The Limelight, His Style Quotient And Padmaavat
- 'Boots Up'! Kevin Pietersen Plays His Last Game, Reveals Post Retirement Plans
- Raid Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Starrer is Promising But Runs Out of Steam Before The Finish Line
- Avengers Infinity War Trailer: The End Is Near and Thanos Has Got Us All Stoked About It
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ Review: A Facelift Simply Perfecting The Galaxy S8+