Rupee up 8 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee recovered by 8 paise to 67.86 against the dollar in early trade today on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The rupee recovered by 8 paise to 67.86 against the dollar in early trade on Thursday on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Forex dealers said weakness in the dollar against other currencies overseas on disappointing US economic data -- showing wholesale inflation and industrial production flat in October -- also supported the rupee.
On Wednesday, the rupee had lost 20 paise to end at near five-month low of 67.94 against the US currency in a highly volatile trade amid unabated dollar outflows.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex recovered by 134.38 points, or 0.51 per cent, to 26,433.07 in early session on Thursday.
|Power Grid Corp||194.20||+1.95||+1.01|
Recommended For You
- Stephen Hawking's Last Research Paper Could Prove The Existence of Multiple Universes
- Elon Musk Needs to 'Grow up', Says His Father
- Ranveer Singh Says That He And Deepika Padukone Share A Relationship Of Mutual Respect
- 'Always Trusted Dinesh Karthik's Ability to Finish Game'
- Meghan Markle 'Missing' Online Friends After Surrendering Social Media Accounts