Rupee Weakens 14 Paise to 64.72 Against Dollar
The benchmark BSE Sensex on Friday advanced by 101.78 points, or 0.30 per cent, to 33,689.86.
Image for representation.
Mumbai: The rupee dropped 14 paise to 64.72 against the US dollar on Friday after the American currency gained traction among importers.
However, the US dollar was listless against the euro in the global market after data showed that the euro zone economy continued to improve and job creation grew at its fastest pace in 17 years. An upward movement in domestic equities, however, prevented the rupee from going further down, traders said.
On Thursday, the rupee had staged a rebound and ended at a fresh three-week high of 64.58, jumping 34 paise, after US Fed minutes signalled a shallow rate hike path.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex on Friday advanced by 101.78 points, or 0.30 per cent, to 33,689.86.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Paul Pogba, Twitter And Racism: An Uneasy Relation Between Footballers And Fans
- Streaming Now: 13 Reasons Why You Should Watch Man Vs Wild
- Sophie Turner Dances Arm in Arm with Priyanka Chopra's Mother
- PV Sindhu Overcomes Tai Tzu Ying to Reach World Badminton Championships Semi-finals
- RCB Rope in Hesson & Katich for IPL 2020, Sack Kirsten and Nehra