Rupee Weakens 8 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
The rupee weakened by 8 paise to 65.44 against the US dollar in early trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the American currency overseas.
Image for representative purposes only
Mumbai: The rupee weakened by 8 paise to 65.44 against the US dollar in early trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to appreciation of the American currency overseas.
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to increased demand for the US currency from importers.
However, a higher opening in the domestic equity market capped the losses.
The rupee had closed yesterday at a fresh 16-month high of 65.36 against the greenback in the face of dollar unwinding from exporters and banks.
Meanwhile, the benchmark Sensex recovered by 56.92 points, or 0.19 percent, to 29,575.66 in early trade.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2018: The Curious Case of Sunrisers Hyderabad Pacers & Spinners
- Huawei Launches Its Triple-Camera Flagship P20 Pro in India Alongside P20 Lite: Price, Specifications And More
- US Soldier Becomes World's First Penis Transplant Receiver, Was Injured in Afghanistan
- Ford Freestyle Launching in India on April 26, Will it be Priced Under Rs 6 Lakh?
- ‘Cancelled Ola Ride as Driver Was ...,’ Controversial Tweet Triggers Hilarious Memes