Sensex Advances, Blue-chips Provide Hope
The 30-share index was trading higher by 74.85 points, or 0.23%, at 31,284.64. Sectoral indices led by oil and gas, power and realty went higher
File photo: People walk past a bronze replica of a bull at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai. (Reuters)
Mumbai: The Sensex moved up 75 points in early session on Wednesday as support came in from blue-chip stocks amid a mixed movement in Asia. The 30-share index was trading higher by 74.85 points, or 0.23%, at 31,284.64. Sectoral indices led by oil and gas, power and realty went higher.
The gauge had lost 12 points in the previous session. The NSE Nifty too edged up 7.80 points, or 0.08%, to 9,621.10. A mixed trend prevailed at other Asian bourses.
Major gainers that backed the key indices were Reliance Industries, M&M, Sun Pharma and Adani Ports. Globally, Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.33% while Japan's Nikkei was down 0.52%. China's Shanghai Composite rose 0.31%.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,890.80||0.67|
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Will Himanshi Khurana Get Evicted from the House to Save Asim Riaz?
- Hyderabad Encounter: Petition Filed in NHRC Seeking Autopsy of Bodies of the Rape Accused
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report