Sensex Edges Lower by 88 Points on Global Weakness
Geo-political issues continued to dominate the scene as the Sensex slipped over 88 points in early part today, mirroring global losses.
Image for representation (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: Geo-political issues continued to dominate the scene as the Sensex slipped over 88 points in early part on Monday, mirroring global losses.
The weakness remained for the third session as the 30-share index fell 88.32 points, or 0.30 per cent, to 29,373.13. Much of the softness came from metal, IT, FMCG, technology and auto.
The gauge had lost 326.90 points in the previous two sessions.
Also, the NSE Nifty dropped 21.25 points, or 0.23 per cent, to 9,129.55.
Asian shares showed a weak trend after geo-political muscle-flexing over Syria, Afghanistan and the Korean Peninsula, which weighed on sentiment.
The market was shut on Friday for Ambedkar Jayanti and Good Friday.
While Hong Kong's Hang Seng was down 0.21 per cent, Japan's Nikkei shed 0.31 per cent. The Shanghai Composite index fell 1.02 per cent in early trade today.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,586.30||2.42|
Recommended For You
- Beyonce, Kim Kardashian Better Watch Out as National Geographic Crosses 100 Million Followers on Instagram
- Sunil Grover to Come Back on The Kapil Sharma Show, Deets Inside
- Archana Puran Singh on Replacing Navjot Singh Sidhu on The Kapil Sharma Show: It's A possibility
- Gully Boy Faces Major Drop As It Inches Closer to Rs 100 Cr Mark, Uri on 'Miraculous Run'
- Google Built a Microphone in The Nest Secure, And Then Forgot to Mention That to Anyone Buying it
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s