Sensex Falls 40 Points on Profit Booking
The benchmark BSE Sensex faltered in early trade on Monday, declining by over 40 points on profit booking by investors in recent gainers amid mixed Asian cues.
Mumbai: The benchmark BSE Sensex faltered in early trade on Monday, declining by over 40 points on profit booking by investors in recent gainers amid mixed Asian cues.
The 30-share barometer fell 40.24 points, or 0.14 per cent, to 28,428.51 with metal, auto, FMCG and banking stocks trading in the red. The index had gained 313.19 points in the previous two sessions.
The NSE Nifty was also trading lower by 8.85 points, or 0.10 per cent, at 8,812.85.
Brokers said besides profit-booking by participants after recent gains, a mixed trend in Asian regions mainly influenced sentiment.
In other Asian markets, Japan's Nikkei shed 0.14 per cent, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng was up 0.30 per cent and China's Shanghai Composite Index was up 0.51 per cent in early trade on Monday.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.02 per cent higher in Friday's trade.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Prince Narula, Yuvika Chaudhary to Quit Nach Baliye 9?
- Neha Kakkar Gets Emotional After Hearing Indian Idol Contestant's Story
- Sehwag Wins Praises for Training Kids of 'Pulwama Shaheeds' at His School
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers