Sensex Falls 40 Points on Profit Booking
The benchmark BSE Sensex faltered in early trade on Monday, declining by over 40 points on profit booking by investors in recent gainers amid mixed Asian cues.
Mumbai: The benchmark BSE Sensex faltered in early trade on Monday, declining by over 40 points on profit booking by investors in recent gainers amid mixed Asian cues.
The 30-share barometer fell 40.24 points, or 0.14 per cent, to 28,428.51 with metal, auto, FMCG and banking stocks trading in the red. The index had gained 313.19 points in the previous two sessions.
The NSE Nifty was also trading lower by 8.85 points, or 0.10 per cent, at 8,812.85.
Brokers said besides profit-booking by participants after recent gains, a mixed trend in Asian regions mainly influenced sentiment.
In other Asian markets, Japan's Nikkei shed 0.14 per cent, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng was up 0.30 per cent and China's Shanghai Composite Index was up 0.51 per cent in early trade on Monday.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.02 per cent higher in Friday's trade.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S: Why It Should Come To India Before OnePlus 6?
- Anushka is Obsessed with Husband Virat's Wardrobe, Sports His T-Shirt Yet Again; See Pics
- IPL 2018: Kaul Reprimanded for Breach of Conduct Against Mumbai
- OnePlus 6 is Coming to India on May 17; Global Launch on May 16
- When Coldplay's Chris Martin Sang Arijit Singh's Channa Mereya In Maiden India Concert