Sensex up 117 Points in Late Morning Trade; Nifty Tops 9,300
The S&P BSE sensex rallied by 117.36 points to 29,976.16 in late morning trade on sustained bouts of buying in most of the sectors.
Image for representation/Getty Images
Mumbai: The S&P BSE sensex rallied by 117.36 points to 29,976.16 in late morning trade on sustained bouts of buying in most of the sectors.
Sentiments got a boost on global firmness as pro-European centrist Emmanuel Macron's victory over anti-EU Marine Le Pen in France's presidential election as well as bullish US job data.
The NSE 50-share Nifty also rose by 42.35 points, or 0.46 percent, to 9,327.65 at 1100 hrs.
Major gainers were ICICI bank (3.06 percent), ONGC (1.69 percent), Axis Bank (1.45 percent), Tata Motors (1.23 percent) and SBI (1.12 percent).
Meanwhile, FIIs sold shares net worth Rs 363.98 crorelast Friday as per the provisional figures issued by stock exchanges.
US stocks closed at a record last Friday, on better-than-forecast data on American jobs.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Sara Ali Khan Says Her Mother Amrita Singh Didn’t Recognize Her After Her Weight Loss
- Could Chinese Court Order Against iPhones Push Apple And Qualcomm Closer to a Settlement?
- 'Try Something New, Come to Italy' - Cristiano Ronaldo's Challenge to Messi
- Scientists Decode How to Survive in Game of Thrones
- Xiaomi Poco F1 Gets Permanent Price Cut of Rs 1,000; Now Starts at Rs 19,999
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s