Sensex up 117 Points in Late Morning Trade; Nifty Tops 9,300
The S&P BSE sensex rallied by 117.36 points to 29,976.16 in late morning trade on sustained bouts of buying in most of the sectors.
Image for representation/Getty Images
Mumbai: The S&P BSE sensex rallied by 117.36 points to 29,976.16 in late morning trade on sustained bouts of buying in most of the sectors.
Sentiments got a boost on global firmness as pro-European centrist Emmanuel Macron's victory over anti-EU Marine Le Pen in France's presidential election as well as bullish US job data.
The NSE 50-share Nifty also rose by 42.35 points, or 0.46 percent, to 9,327.65 at 1100 hrs.
Major gainers were ICICI bank (3.06 percent), ONGC (1.69 percent), Axis Bank (1.45 percent), Tata Motors (1.23 percent) and SBI (1.12 percent).
Meanwhile, FIIs sold shares net worth Rs 363.98 crorelast Friday as per the provisional figures issued by stock exchanges.
US stocks closed at a record last Friday, on better-than-forecast data on American jobs.
Recommended For You
- Director, Producer of Emraan Hashmi's Maiden Production 'Cheat India' Caught in #MeToo Storm
- Sumit luv Soni: Reddit Thread Shows how Indians 'Love' Marking Territory Around World
- Bigg Boss 12: Sourabh Patel to Get Evicted This Week? Find Out
- Dope Violation: NADA Bans Hockey Goalie Chikte for Two Years, 4-year Suspension for Six Others
- Spiders, Man: Lake Gets Caught in Kilometer-Large Web; Scary Pics Included