Sensex Hits Life-time High of 32,131.92, Nifty Scales New Peak
In opening trade, the 30-share Sensex moved higher by 73.69 points, or 0.23 per cent, to 32,094.44.
Image for representation.
Mumbai: Markets scored more as the benchmark Sensex on Monday ran up 111 points to hit a fresh all-time high of 32,132 and the Nifty hit off a new peak of 9,920 after positive cues from Asia pushed investors to go that extra mile.
IT, metal and power stocks pushed higher.
The Sensex started on a high note before trading at 32,131.92 at 1100 hours, up 111.17 points, or 0.34 per cent.
The NSE 50-share Nifty hit 9,920.30 at 1100 hours, up 33.95 points, or 0.34 per cent.
Wipro hit it big by 3.56 per cent. Adani Ports, ICICI Bank and Infosys followed.
Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) bought shares worth a net Rs 673.56 crore last Friday and domestic institutional investors (DIIs) net sold shares worth Rs 136.27 crore, as per provisional data.
Asian stocks rose after the Dow and S&P 500 had brought up record highs last Friday on bets that the Federal Reserve's accommodative monetary policy would continue following lacklustre US data.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year