Sensex Rebounds 155 Points, Nifty Hits 8,700 Ahead of IIP Data
BSE benchmark Sensex recovered over 155 points and the NSE Nifty topped the 8,700-level on Monday
A man walks past the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai. (Reuters)
Mumbai: BSE benchmark Sensex recovered over 155 points and the NSE Nifty topped the 8,700-level on Monday amid sustained foreign fund inflows and optimism among domestic investors ahead of IIP data to be released later in the day.
The 30-share index, which had lost 273.41 points in the previous three sessions, recovered 155.50 points or 0.55 per cent, to trade at 28,216.64, with all sectoral indices led by metal, PSU, FMCG and auto trading in the green.
Similarly, the NSE Nifty rose 37.40 points, or 0.43 per cent, to 8,735.
Brokers said widening up of bets by participants ahead of key economic data - August Industrial Production (IIP) - to be
released after market hours today fuelled the upmove.
Monthly inflation data based on consumer price index (CPI) for September is due on Thursday and wholesale price index (WPI)
In the Asian region, Japanese and Hong Kong and Taiwanese financial markets are closed today for holidays. Shanghai, after a long public holidays, was up 1.55 per cent in early trade on Monday.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.15 per cent lower in Friday's trade.
| Edited by: Gurleen Nagpal
|Power Grid Corp||194.25||+1.55||+0.80|
Recommended For You
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Buys His Father a Cadillac Escalade SUV Following Doctor’s Advice
- 'Felt Violated': Mahira Khan Opens Up on Leaked Photos With Ranbir Kapoor
- Sonam and Anand All Set to Tie the Knot in Geneva? Deets Inside
- India U-16 Beat Singapore U-17 3-1 in Youth Invitational Meet
- Shahid Thinks Mira Would Date This Bollywood Star If They Were Not Married