Sensex Recoups 43 Points on Positive Infra Data
The BSE Sensex made a modest recovery of over 43 points at the start on Tuesday on fresh buying, buoyed by a pick-up in infrastructure sector in November coupled with firm Asian cues.
(Photo Credit: Reuters)
Mumbai: The BSE Sensex made a modest recovery of over 43 points at the start on Tuesday on fresh buying, buoyed by a pick-up in infrastructure sector in November coupled with firm Asian cues.
The 30-share index rose 43.46 points, or 0.16 per cent, to 26,638.91, with sectoral indices consumer durables, power, metal, oil and gas, healthcare and realty advancing by up to 1.93 per cent.
The gauge had lost 31.01 points in the first trading session of 2017 on Monday.
The NSE Nifty also moved up by 17.20 points, or 0.21 per cent, to 8,196.70.
Sentiment got a lift after the core industries grew at 4.9 per cent in November 2016 on the back of a healthy performance by sectors, including coal, steel and electricity.
Elsewhere in Asia, Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.47 per cent while Shanghai Composite index rose 0.71 per cent in early trade today. Japanese markets remained closed today for an extended new year holiday.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,541.90||-0.92|
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,541.00||-0.96|
Recommended For You
- Box Office: Manikarnika Crosses Rs 100 Cr Mark, Gully Boy Likely to Enter the Club
- Mamma, Give Me a Break, Says Priyanka Chopra When Madhu Chopra Asked Her About Pregnancy Rumours
- Nagarkirtan Movie Review: Kaushik Ganguly Film is a Crushing Blow to Every Concept of Conventional Love
- Google Clarifies That it Has no Evidence That Google Images Ranked Pakistani Flag in The 'Toilet Paper' Search
- Shai Hope: A Budding Great for West Indies
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s