Sensex Recovers Partially, Moves up 102 Points on Inflation Cheer
Stocks got back into shape on Tuesday as the Sensex recovered 102 points to 31,198 in early session --chiefly buoyed by a cooling inflation -- amid mixed Asian cues.
File photo of the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Mumbai: Stocks got back into shape on Tuesday as the Sensex recovered 102 points to 31,198 in early session --chiefly buoyed by a cooling inflation -- amid mixed Asian cues.
Buying picked up on positive economic data after retail inflation fell to a record low of 2.18 per cent in May, from 2.99 per cent in April.
The 30-share barometer rebounded by 101.82 points, or 0.32 per cent, to 31,197.52. The gauge had lost 166.36 points in the previous session.
Sectoral indices such as healthcare, realty, capital goods, power and consumer durables looked good.
Sun Pharma, Lupin, GAIL, L&T, Axis Bank and Bajaj Auto, among others supported the upmove, which rose by up to 2.34 per cent.
The NSE index Nifty bounced 30.10 points, or 0.31 per cent, at 9,646.50.
Industrial production, however, grew at a slower rate of 3.1 per cent in April due to poor show by manufacturing, mining and power, coupled with a lower offtake of capital goods and consumer durables.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.37 per cent and China's Shanghai Composite 0.12 per cent in early trade. Japan's Nikkei, however, shed 0.11 per cent.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average had ended 0.17 per cent lower on Monday.
Recommended For You
- DeepVeer Wedding: Twitter Breaks Into Hilarious Memes As Fans Wait for Ranveer, Deepika's Pics
- Viswanathan Anand Seals Blitz Title in Style by Beating Hikaru Nakamura
- DeepVeer Ki Shaadi: Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone are Married Now, See First Pics
- Apple iPhone X Catches Fire During iOS 12.1 Update Process; Company to Investigate
- Intel AI DevCon: Betting Big on Neural Compute Stick 2, And a Generous Dose of AI