Sensex Regains 27,000-Mark, Nifty Tops 8,300
Sensex surged over 151 points to breach the 27,000-level and Nifty hit the crucial 8,300-mark in opening trade on Wednesday following widespread gains as investors widened their bets amid a firming trend in Asian markets.
Mumbai: Sensex surged over 151 points to breach the 27,000-level and Nifty hit the crucial 8,300-mark in opening trade on Wednesday following widespread gains as investors widened their bets amid a firming trend in Asian markets.
However, caution prevailed ahead of macroeconomic data and quarterly earnings from blue-chip companies.
The 30-share index, which gained 173.01 points in the previous session, added 151.01 points, or 0.56 per cent, to 27,050.57 with all the sectoral indices led by metal, capital goods and bank leading the gains.
The NSE Nifty reclaimed the 8,300-mark by climbing 45.15 points, or 0.54 per cent, at 8,333.75.
Brokers said a flurry of buying by retail investors and domestic institutional investors amid a firming trend at other Asian markets with commodities-linked shares leading gains boosted by China's strong inflation reading mainly influenced the sentiment.
Among other Asian markets, Hong Kong's Hang Seng was trading higher by 0.74 per cent, while Nikkei surged by 0.36 per cent in early trade. Shanghai's Composite index, however, was marginally down.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.16 per cent down in yesterday's trade.
|Power Grid Corp||207.45||-1.05|
Recommended For You
- Cricket World Cup 2019 | Babar Azam Can Be as Good as Virat Kohli: Grant Flower
- Thank You Facebook, For Ruining The Instagram Experience: More Adverts Are on The Way
- India vs West Indies | Gayle - Jovial and Fun-loving Everywhere, Firm With Youngsters
- Cannot Wait for Dark Mode on WhatsApp? Here is How to Enable it on Android and iOS
- Shah Rukh Khan Rides BMW Motorcycle, Gives Safety Message to Fans - Watch Video
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s