Sensex Rises 190.11 Points to End at 30,133.35. Nifty Closes at 9,351.85
Benchmark Sensex closed above the 30,000-mark for the first time on Wednesday, while the Nifty too finished at a record high on sustained buying amid positive global cues.
Mumbai: Benchmark Sensex closed above the 30,000-mark for the first time on Wednesday, while the Nifty too finished at a record high on sustained buying amid positive global cues.
The BSE 30-share Sensex opened on a strong footing and surged to a lifetime high of 30,167.09 points in intra-day trade, before settling at 30,133.35, up 190.11 points, or 0.63 percent.
This surpassed its previous record close of 29,974.24, reached on April 5.
Mumbai: Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) celebrate, cut a 30kg cake as sensex closed above 30000 for first time ever pic.twitter.com/EBdq0d6yjY— ANI (@ANI_news) April 26, 2017
The gauge had hit its previous intra-day high of 30,024.74 on March 4, 2015.
Similarly, the broader 50-issue NSE Nifty scaled a new peak of 9,367 before finally ending 45.25 points, or 0.49 percent higher at 9,351.85, a new record closing.
It surpassed its previous record closing of 9,306.60 hit in Tuesday's trade.
|Power Grid Corp||210.45||3.11|
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Perform Dangerous Bike Chase Stunts on Portugal's Highest Peak for War
- Andre Russell Prepares for India with Late Evening Nets Session
- Netizens Call out Harbhajan Singh on 'Bigoted' Tweet about Chandrayaan-2 Success
- PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Beta Update: New UI, Helicopters, Zombie Mode Update and More
- Best and Worst Day of my Cricketing Life – Guptill Looks Back at World Cup Final