Sensex Snaps 8-day Winning Run, Dives 222 Points on Profit Booking
The 30-share index opened on a positive note at 38,452.47, but soon succumbed to heavy selling pressure, touching an intra day low of 38,089.36.
Representative image: REUTERS
Mumbai: Snapping its eight-day winning streak, the BSE benchmark Sensex declined by over 222 points on Friday to end at 38,164.61 as investors booked profits after Fitch Ratings cut India's growth forecast.
The 30-share index opened on a positive note at 38,452.47, but soon succumbed to heavy selling pressure, touching an intra day low of 38,089.36. It finally closed at 38,164.61, down by 222.14 points, or 0.58 per cent.
On similar lines, the NSE Nifty shed 64.15 points, or 0.56 per cent, to finish at 11,456.90.
Fitch Ratings on Friday cut India's GDP growth forecast for the next fiscal to 6.8 per cent from 7 per cent estimated earlier on weaker than expected economic momentum.
Tata Motors was the biggest loser in the Sensex pack, tumbling 2.47 per cent, followed by Reliance Industries (2.44 per cent), Maruti (1.84 per cent), SBI (1.76 per cent) and Bajaj Finance (1.23 per cent).
NTPC emerged as the biggest gainer in the index, spurting 3.67 per cent.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shraddha Kapoor Left in Tears After Hearing Her Brother Siddhant Sing
- Mohena Kumari Singh is Radiant as a Royal Bride at Her Traditional Rajput Wedding, See Pics
- Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar and Ananya Panday's First Looks From Pati Patni Aur Woh Revealed
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro