Sensex Tumbles 153 Points on Profit-booking
Benchmark Sensex gave up early gains to end 153 points lower at 31,138.21 on Friday while the Nifty cracked below the 9,600-mark as investors took profit ahead of a long weekend.
Image for representation.(Getty Images)
Mumbai: Benchmark Sensex gave up early gains to end 153 points lower at 31,138.21 on Friday while the Nifty cracked below the 9,600-mark as investors took profit ahead of a long weekend.
On a weekly basis, the Sensex gained 81.81 points, or 0.26 per cent, while the broader Nifty shed 13.10 points, or 0.13 per cent.
Markets will remain closed on Monday on account of 'Id-ul-Fitr' (Ramzan Id).
The 30-share Sensex rose over 75 points in morning trade and shot up to 31,365.39, but quickly lost momentum to hit the day's low of 31,110.39. It finally ended 152.53 points, or 0.49 per cent lower at 31,138.21.
The Sensex had gained 7.10 points in yesterday's session.
The broader NSE Nifty moved between 9,647.65 and 9,565.30, before ending 55.05 points, or 0.57 per cent down at 9,574.95.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right