TCS Shares Gain Nearly 4% After Company Reports Growth in Profit for Q4
On the volume front, one lakh shares of the company were traded on the BSE and over 28 lakh shares on the NSE, during the morning trade.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
New Delhi: Shares of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Monday gained nearly four per cent after the company reported 17.7 per cent growth in consolidated net profit for the March 2019 quarter. The scrip after making a positive opening further jumped 3.56 per cent to Rs 2,085.60 on the BSE.
At the NSE, shares of the company rose by 3.64 per cent to Rs 2,088.
On the volume front, one lakh shares of the company were traded on the BSE and over 28 lakh shares on the NSE, during the morning trade. "TCS beat street/our estimates on revenues," Emkay Global Financial Services said in a report on Saturday.
TCS Friday reported 17.7 per cent growth in consolidated net profit at Rs 8,126 crore for the March 2019 quarter. This is against a net profit of Rs 6,904 crore in the year-ago period, TCS said in a regulatory filing.
Revenue of the firm grew 18.5 per cent in the quarter under review to Rs 38,010 crore from Rs 32,075 crore in the corresponding period last fiscal, it added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Rhea Chakraborty Visits Blue Grotto Cave in Italy on Trip with Sushant Singh Rajput, Watch Video
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony