'UAE Home to World's Sixth-largest Crude Oil Reserves, Surpasses Kuwait'
The UAE's Supreme Petroleum Council met on Monday and announced the news, saying the federation of seven sheikhdoms on the Arabian Peninsula had discovered new reserves of 7 billion 'stock tank' barrels of oil.
Dubai (UAE): The United Arab Emirates now says it is home to the world's sixth-largest crude oil reserves, surpassing fellow Gulf Arab nation Kuwait.
The UAE's Supreme Petroleum Council met on Monday and announced the news, saying the federation of seven sheikhdoms on the Arabian Peninsula had discovered new reserves of 7 billion "stock tank" barrels of oil.
The council said that pushed the UAE's overall reserves to 105 billion barrels. It also said it held the world's sixth-largest reserves of natural gas as well.
Oil reserves refer to crude that's economically feasible to extract. Figures can vary wildly by country due to differing standards, though it remains a yardstick of comparison among oil-producing nations.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Chaayos Wants to Sneakily Capture Your Facial Data With Your Next Cup of Chai
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda
- Arjun Rampal and Mehr Jesia Get Divorced After 21 Years of Marriage, Daughters to Live with Mother
- Pakistan’s 16-Year-Old Naseem Shah Receiving Test Cap After Losing His Mother is Inspiring
- Bollywood Actor John Abraham Gives a Sneak-Peak of his Motorcycle Loaded Garage