Union Budget 2019: What is Plan and Non-plan Expenditure?
Plan expenditures are estimated after discussions between each of the ministries concerned and the Planning Commission. Non-plan revenue expenditure is accounted for by interest payments, subsidies (mainly on food and fertilisers), among other factors.
Photo used for representation.
There are two components of expenditure - plan and non-plan.
Of these, plan expenditures are estimated after discussions between each of the ministries concerned and the Planning Commission.
Non-plan revenue expenditure is accounted for by interest payments, subsidies (mainly on food and fertilisers), wage and salary payments to government employees, grants to States and Union Territories governments, pensions, police, economic services in various sectors, other general services such as tax collection, social services, and grants to foreign governments.
Non-plan capital expenditure mainly includes defence, loans to public enterprises, loans to States, Union Territories and foreign governments
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
|Dr Reddys Labs||2,810.75||3.15|
Recommended For You
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan Introduces Saiee Manjrekar with A Quirky Caption
- In Pursuit of Love, World's Loudest Bird Sings Heart out in 'Theatrical Swivel'
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge