Walmart to Open 50 New Stores in India Soon
Global retail giant Walmart will set up 50 new stores across India over the next three to four years, a top company official said on Saturday.
Walmart currently has 21 stores in India, including one in Hyderabad. (Photo: Reuters)
Hyderabad: Global retail giant Walmart will set up 50 new stores across India over the next three to four years, a top company official said on Saturday.
The new stores would include 10 in Telangana, for which the US retailer signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the state government.
It will invest $10 to $12 million in each store, which would create direct and indirect employment for 2,000 people.
Walmart currently has 21 stores in India, including one in Hyderabad.
Talking to reporters on the sidelines, Rajneesh Kumar, Senior Vice President and Head Corporate Affairs, Walmart India, said their focus in South India would be on Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
The company has already signed a MoU with Andhra Pradesh.
In north India, Walmart is focusing on Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab. It already has MoUs with Haryana and Punjab.
Maharashtra is another state that Walmart will be focusing on for its expansion plans.
Krish Iyer said four of the 10 new stores planned in Telangana would come up in Hyderabad.
Walmart is looking at tier-II cities like Warangal, Karimnagar and Nizamabad to open the new stores.
Recommended For You
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy The OnePlus 6 Over Apple iPhone X
- AB de Villiers - A Phantom Who Regaled One & All In Test Cricket
- 2018 Ford EcoSport S - Detailed Image Gallery
- After Padmaavat, Now VHP Targets Salman Khan Films' Loveratri Over Title
- Bangalore Based Indian Millionaire Adds Aston Martin V12 Vantage AMR Worth Rs 5 Crore to Garage - Watch Video