Will Meet Bank Heads on Feb 21 on Transmission of Rate Cut, Says RBI Guv
Reserve Bank Governor Shaktikanta Das said transmission of monetary policy decisions is important.
File photo of RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das.
New Delhi: Reserve Bank Governor Shaktikanta Das on Monday said he will meet heads of public and private sector banks this week to discuss transmission of interest rate cut to borrowers.
Speaking to reporters after Finance Minister Arun Jaitley addressed the board of the central bank, he said transmission of monetary policy decisions is important.
He said he will meet the CEOs of public and private sector banks on February 21.
Earlier this month, the Reserve Bank cut the benchmark interest rate by 0.25 per cent to 6.25 per cent.
Commenting on mergers in the banking space, Jaitley said India needs fewer and mega banks which are strong.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
|Power Grid Corp||211.15||2.92|
Recommended For You
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Did 'Sacred Games' 2 Have an Obvious, Glaring Error in its Season Finale Episode?
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live