WPI Inflation Eases to 0.33% in September
The annual rate of inflation, based on monthly wholesale price index (WPI), was at 5.22 percent in September 2018.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
New Delhi: Wholesale prices based inflation eased to 0.33 per cent in September, as against 1.08 per cent in August due to fall in prices of non-food articles, government data showed on Monday.
The annual rate of inflation, based on monthly wholesale price index (WPI), was at 5.22 per cent in September 2018.
The rate of price rise for the food articles was at 7.47 per cent during the month, while that for non-food articles stood at 2.18 per cent, showed the data released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Adidas Gives up on Robot Factories And Wants Humans in Asia to Make More Shoes
- 'We Owe You Some Milk': Australian Fire Fighter Leaves Cute Note for Owner of House He Saved
- Cat-Astrophe: Shelter Fed up After ‘Caged’ Feline Keeps Freeing Other Cats
- WhatsApp Gets One Step Closer to The Dark Mode; New Beta Gets Dark Wallpaper
- Anshula Shares Arjun Kapoor's WhatsApp Chat with Janhvi and Boney Kapoor