0/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
'Wrong Policies' of BJP Govt Broke Back of Companies, Says Chidambaram
The Supreme Court quashed the RBI's February 18, 2018 circular which directed banks to move against defaulters under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code on their failure to pay up within 180 days from March 1, 2018.
File photo of Congress leader P Chidambaram.
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader P Chidambaram on Wednesday slammed the BJP-led government, saying its "wrong approach" drove companies to insolvency and said the opposition has been vindicated by the Supreme Court order on defaulters.
The former finance minister also said the Congress' manifesto, released on Tuesday criticised the BJP-led government for its "one-size-fits-all approach" to the Non-Performing Assets problem.
"BJP government's wrong policies broke the back of companies in steel, power and coal sectors. Its wrong approach drove those companies into insolvency.
"Today, we are vindicated by the Supreme Court's judgement," he said in Twitter.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday quashed the RBI's February 18, 2018 circular which directed banks to move against defaulters under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) on their failure to pay up within 180 days from March 1, 2018.
The apex court also quashed all IBC proceedings initiated by banks under the RBI circular against defaulters.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Janhvi Kapoor Steps Out With Price Tag Attached to Outfit
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- BCCI Chief Sourav Ganguly Wore His Team Blazer From 19 Years Ago, Fans Go Gaga Over 'Dada Swag'
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back