Yes Bank 'Absolutely Sound', Says CEO Ravneet Gill After Shares Slide
The move to reassure investors comes after the bank's stock this week plunged nearly 23 percent to its lowest close in over a decade, as fraud allegations against a housing finance company that Yes Bank has exposure to, spooked investors.
Image for representation. (Photo: Reuters)
Mumbai: The recent drop in Yes Bank Ltd's stock price does not reflect the bank's performance and it remains on a solid financial footing, Chief Executive Ravneet Gill said on a conference call on Thursday.
"The operating metrics of the bank, the performance of the bank is absolutely sound," Gill said.
"We have enough liquidity, we are very stable and the share price movement of recent days should not become a proxy for how the bank gets perceived."
The move to reassure investors comes after the bank's stock this week plunged nearly 23% on Tuesday to its lowest close in over a decade, as fraud allegations against a housing finance company that Yes Bank has exposure to, spooked investors.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor's Wedding Anniversary Party
- Ali Fazal Calls Meeting with Al Pacino 'Best Gift of 2019'
- Here's Why Aishwarya Rai is a Good Choice for the Hindi Version of Maleficent 2
- Bajaj Brings Back Iconic 'Chetak' Scooter in an All-Electric Avatar: Here's All You Need to Know
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution