Zomato Acquires Startup TechEagle Innovations in Move Towards Drone-based Food Delivery
TechEagle will help in creating a hub-to-hub delivery network powered by hybrid multi-rotor drones, Zomato said in a statement.
Photo for representation. (News18)
New Delhi: Zomato on Wednesday said it has acquired Lucknow-based startup TechEagle Innovations, for an undisclosed amount, to carve a path toward drone-based food delivery in India.
TechEagle will help in creating a hub-to-hub delivery network powered by hybrid multi-rotor drones, Zomato said in a statement. The company, however, did not share any financial details of the acquisition.
Commenting on the development, Zomato Founder and CEO Deepinder Goyal said, "We are currently at the early stage of aerial innovations and are taking baby steps towards building a tomorrow wherein users can expect a drone to deliver the food they ordered online. We believe that robots powering the last mile delivery is an inevitable part of the future and hence is going to be a significant area of investment for us.”
Food delivery business currently contributes about 65 per cent to the overall revenue of the company, Zomato said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mark The Calendar, Here is When Your iPhone, Watch, iPad and MacBook Get Updated
- UK Clothing Brand Trolled for Trying to Sell Indian-Style Kurta as 'Vintage Boho Dress'
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5