10 Really Sad Things That Are Less Sad Than Hodor 'Holding The Door'
Spoiler Alert: If you haven't seen the 5th episode of 'Game of Thrones ' season 6 yet, you won't understand the grief.
Hodor. The simpleton gentle giant. The loyal servant of the Starks. The braveheart who sacrificed himself to make sure Bran stays alive. It is safe to say that Hodor's death in GoT is the same as Dobby's death in 'Harry Potter': tragic, unnecessary and heart-breaking.
In fact, it is so heart-breaking that it is quite possibly the saddest thing (among mundane everyday things) that can possibly happen to any of us. Here are ten pretty sad things that look like a happy fest in front of Hodor 'holding the door'.
1. Aman dying in 'Kal Ho Na Ho'
2. Being woken up early on a weekend
3. Realizing it's Monday
4. Jon Snow's death
5. The 'Maa' song from 'Taare Zameen Par'
6. Finding lauki in your lunch box
7. Having to meet distant relatives
8. Accidentally dropping your ice cream
9. Credit card debt
10. Discovering that one side of your earphones stopped working