Seats (2018) 59/59 seats
Andhra Pradesh3/3 seats
Himachal Pradesh1/1 seats
Madhya Pradesh5/5 seats
Uttar Pradesh10/10 seats
West Bengal5/5 seats
Total Strength: 245
13 Photos That Tell You Durga Puja is Just Round The Corner
Seven days from Mahalaya, Durga Puja begins.
Today is Mahalaya. The first day of Debi Paksha, Mahalaya marks the beginning of Durga Puja. Seven days from Mahalaya, Durga Puja begins. The day is special for every Bengali as it heralds the good times and festivities mostly begin from this day onward.
While Mahalaya is one of the things that signifies the onset of Pujas, there are certain other things as well that every Bengali associates to the biggest festival of the community. From flowers, to crowds on streets, to clay idols- everything just builds up to the excitement that Bengalis love to term as Durgostav.
Here are 13 pictures that tell you Durga Puja is just round the corner.
For that matter, shuili phool or what is commonly known as night flowers
Kumortuli and the breathtaking clay idols
Birendra Krishna Bhadra's timeless chants on the radio on the morning of Mahalaya. And tarpan to our forefathers
Pujo Shonkha or the special edition of journals and magazine for the festival
Food. Lots of Food
Construction of Pandals
Puja themed advertisements
The maddening crowd on the streets
The poetic, melancholic autumn sky
Lighting on the streets
Recommended For You
- Morne Morkel Becomes Fifth South African Bowler to Scale Peak 300
- Shahid Thinks Mira Would Date This Bollywood Star If They Were Not Married
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour S CNG to be Launched at Rs 5.97 Lakh
- Lava Z50 Launched as The First Android Oreo (Go Edition) Smartphone: Price, Specifications And More
- 3 Navratra Recipes that are Healthy and Sumptuous