92-YO Canada Man Sets Guinness Record, Becomes World's Oldest Plumber
"Working helps keep my body fit and my brain sharp," said Figley.
(Photo: Getty Images/Representative Image)
A Guinness record has been set by a 92-year-old man in Canada for the being the world's oldest plumber.
Although most people retire in their late 60s, Lorne Figley has no intention to stop his ongoing 65-year plumbing career. Figley began his journey when he returned from the second World War after fighting with the Canadian forces during the liberation of Holland. In 1947 he concluded a sheet metal apprenticeship, which lead him to form the Broadway Heating Ltd with four of his friends.
Figley ultimately bought out his co-owners and became the sole proprietor of the company. His passion for the trade is fuelled by his love for problem solving, and the trouble-shooting nature that comes with the job. He is still able to enjoy the work that he loves as the basic rules of design and engineering remaining unchanged since he first learned the work in the 1950s.
Figley's part in the work lends him a feeling of pride and accomplishment, for maintaining his world long enough to become a Guinness World Records title holder. That feeling will not go away any time soon, according to Figley, the future is bright and filled with plumbing, heating, and refrigeration prospects.
"Working helps keep my body fit and my brain sharp. I hope to die with a pipe wrench in my hand!" said Figley.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Thanks Tendulkar For Writing His Profile in Time's 100 Most Influential People List
- Huawei P20, P20 Pro: Here is All You Need to Know About The World's First Triple Camera Smartphones
- Chhetri Brace Helps Bengaluru FC Thrash East Bengal to Win Super Cup
- Lamborghini Huracan Performante Worth Rs 3.76 Crore Home Delivery in Hyderabad - Watch Video
- IPL 2018: Chennai Eye Win Against Rajasthan at Their New Home