Adele to Make Her Hollywood Debut in a Remake of the Musical Oliver!
Adele is reportedly to star in the musical, based on the classic tale of an orphan boy in 19th Century London by Charles Dickens
Adele will make her Hollywood debut with Oliver! (Image courtesy: Reuters)
Singer Adele is reportedly in talks for her first Hollywood movie role in a new film adaptation of the iconic musical Oliver!.
According to The Sun newspaper, Adele, 29, is "seriously considering" the offer, reports dailymail.co.uk.
The film executives are keen on getting the Hello hitmaker on board to play Nancy in a remake of the hit 1968 musical.
"It would be a major part for her and she's seriously considering it. She's talked about Angelo (her son) being her number one priority and she sees this as a role that he could appreciate too. It would be a new challenge for her, but one she would definitely be up for," said a source.
Oliver! is based on the Charles Dickens novel Oliver Twist, which was published in 1837. It tells the tale of orphan Oliver who meets a pickpocket on the London streets. He then joins a household of boys who are trained to steal for their master.
The original film starred Mark Lester as the protagonist with Ron Moody playing the crooked Fagin and Shani Wallis portraying Nancy.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Arhaan Khan Shares 'Love and Support' Note for Rashami Post Bigg Boss 13 Eviction
- U-17 Women's Championship: Lynda Kom Stars as Lionesses Thrash Tigresses to Win Title
- From iPhone 11 to Gucci Slides, 10-Year-Old's Christmas List Leaves Father in Shock
- Jawa Perak Bobber Launched in India at Rs 1.95 Lakh, Gets BS-VI Engine
- Yuvraj Singh Wishes Sania Mirza On Birthday With Quirky Post, Her Reply Will Leave You in Splits