Amtrak is Appealing to 'Real People' to Travel Across America in Residency Program
Candidates will need to be proficient across different social media platform, writing, capturing and editing both photos and videos.
America's rail service Amtrak is offering free long-distance train rides across America to "real people" -- introverts, retirees, families -- in exchange for documenting their journey on social media.
Amtrak's Social Media Residency program takes a refreshing approach to the sometimes murky world of influencer branding.
"We're not looking for glitzy influencers with millions of followers who quit their day job to travel the world," reads the announcement.
Because, as Amtrak says, "Who does that?"
But the residency profile does seek a "leader in the social media community" (which could be interpreted as a sizeable following), creativity and energy.
Candidates will need to be proficient across different social media platform, writing, capturing and editing both photos and videos. The contest is open to US residents (except Alaska and Hawaii).
Recommended For You
- Is Chunky Panday the First Confirmed Celebrity Contestant of Salman Khan's Bigg Boss 13?
- People are Using FaceApp's Aging Filter to Compare Selfies with Photos of their Parents
- Arbaaz Khan on Why He Chose to Do Priya Prakash Varrier’s Controversial Film Sridevi Bungalow
- BS-VI Fuel Available at Same Cost as Regular Fuel in Delhi, Prices set to Increase in April 2020
- Why is The OxygenOS 9.5.9 Not Available For Many OnePlus 7 Pro Users in India Even Now?