Bank Error Turns Woman into a Millionaire But 'It's too Good to be True'
She had wanted to believe “someone really gifted us with that $37 million” but she knew it was too good to be true.
A clerical error by her bank made a North Texas woman a millionaire for a day.
KTVT-TV reports that when Dallas resident Ruth Balloon checked her bank account earlier this week, it had some extra money in it, an extra $37 million to be exact.
Balloon had wanted to believe “someone really gifted us with that $37 million” but she knew it was too good to be true.
Her husband called their bank, LegacyTexas, which informed the couple the extra money wasn’t a Christmas miracle but a mistake. The bank apologized and took the money back.
The bank told the television in a statement that even if Balloon had not caught the error, it would have been spotted and corrected. The bank said the manual entry error that resulted in the mistake has been addressed.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jadeja Takes a Cheeky Dig at Sanjay Manjrekar After His 'Player of the Match' Tweet
- TikTok Star Puts on Modi Mask While Walking Next to Arvind Kejriwal in Rally and We're Very Confused
- Watch Out! WhatsApp Will Not Work on These Android Phones And iPhones From February
- There Were Supposed to be no Updates For Windows 7, But Microsoft Will Fix This Bug
- Tata Motors to Launch Nexon Electric SUV in India Today: Watch it Live Here [Video]