Beer Enthusiasts Are Heading to New Mexico For an Odd 'Can'vention
The club says the event attracts collectors from around the world who trade, buy and sell vintage and craft beer cans.
Image credits: Reuters.
Hundreds of beer can collectors are heading to New Mexico for a “CANvention.”
The Albuquerque Journal reports the Brewery Collectibles Club of America is scheduled Thursday to start celebrating different types of beer cans at its three-day national gathering at the Albuquerque Convention Center.
The club says the event attracts collectors from around the world who trade, buy and sell vintage and craft beer cans. It is a chance for those attending to sample beer from local Albuquerque brewers.
The gathering began in 1969 after collector Denver Wright, Jr. put an ad in a St. Louis newspaper asking anyone who collected beer cans to contact him.
Six collectors responded and they held an event in Denver months later.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots