Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
LIVE TV DownloadNews18 App
News18 English
News18 » Buzz
1-min read

Brave Dog Dies While Saving UP Residents From a Burning Building, is Hailed a Hero

The dog is now being hailed a hero, and for good reason. His efforts saved a number of people, but alas, he failed to save himself.

News18.com

Updated:April 13, 2019, 6:56 PM IST
facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp
Brave Dog Dies While Saving UP Residents From a Burning Building, is Hailed a Hero
Image by ANI.

There's a reason why dogs are called a man's best friend. Humans, by default, are programmed to love themselves more than their fellow human beings. But a dog? A dog's love and loyalty are unparalleled. In return, all they crave for is a bit of love and of course, belly rubs.

There's a saying that states dogs are selfless creatures, and this pet dog in Uttar Pradesh just reaffirmed the fact that all goodness is not lost in the world.

In an unfortunate incident, a major fire broke out in a building in Banda, Uttar Pradesh, which further set off a series of gas cylinders. This led to four adjacent buildings being completely destroyed in the fire, reported ANI. It could have been a major disaster, but the number of casualties was reduced to a minimum, thanks to this dog who is now being hailed as a hero.

The dog, sensing the fire, started barking incessantly, which alerted everyone else in the building. Because of this, at least 30 people were able to make it out of the building alive. The dog, however, succumbed to the fire. He was in the vicinity when one of the cylinders blew off and could not be saved.

The fire started in a furniture and electronics showroom in the building, due to firewood which had been stored illegally in the building. This helped the fire spread, destroying goods worth crores.

The dog is now being called a hero, and for good reason. His efforts saved a number of people, but alas, he failed to save himself.

Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.

Read full article
Next Story
Next Story

Also Watch

facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp

Live TV

Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results