British Couple Who Had Lost Their Ring Get a Surprise on The Ellen Show
A newly-engaged British couple who dropped their engagement ring down a grate in New York City have been reunited with it on the Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Daniella Anthony and John Drennan, who live in Peterborough, England, got engaged only a few hours earlier in New York's Central Park before Drennan knocked the ring off his fiancee's finger a few blocks away in Time Square on November 30.
New York City Police Department (NYPD) officers rushed to the couple's assistance, opened up the grate and tried to help find the ring but without success.
However, the next day the officers returned to the scene, located the ring and launched a social media appeal to find Anthony and Drennan.
The police officers and the pair were reunited on the Ellen DeGeneres Show where the ring was returned.
Drennan, kneeled down on one knee and asked Anthony for the second time: "Would you be my wife?" She said yes.
The engaged couple were also presented with a cheque for $10,000 to go towards the wedding.
Recommended For You
- NASA Just Found Stark Trek's 'Starfleet' Insignia On Surface of Mars
- Suman Rao from Rajasthan Crowned Miss India 2019
- Weekly Tech Recap: E3 2019, Mi Band 4, Google Pixel 4, London Tech Week and More
- Indian Talent Will Help Tide Over The Million Person Tech Expertise Shortfall: techUK’s Simon Spier
- #FactCheck: Did Super Mario Creator Really Tweet Picture of Mario and Luigi Kissing?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s