Bruce Springsteen Signs a Young Fan's Absence Excuse Note
Doubt school authorities would have had any problems with the rock legend's signatures laying on their desk.
Image: Getty Images
Philadelphia: A Philadelphia fifth-grader ditched school for the chance to meet rock legend Bruce Springsteen and "The Boss" gladly played along by signing the boy's absence excuse note.
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Michael Fenerty attended a meet-and-greet with the New Jersey native on Thursday at the Free Library of Philadelphia with his dad.
Springsteen was in town for a book signing to promote his new autobiography, Born To Run.
Wanting to follow school procedure, the boy's father brought along a pre-typed note that Springsteen signed to excuse his son's absence.
Springsteen told the boy that he would have to read the note first because that's how he got in trouble with his first contract.
The school's principal only received a photocopy of the note.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2018: Virat Kohli Deems AB De Villiers as Best Player in The World
- Cyber Terrorism: Teen Gets Two Years Jail For Accessing CIA Head's Email Account
- The Trio of Sara Ali Khan, Amrita Singh, Dimple Kapadia Looks Glamorous In This Photo
- 2018 Volkswagen Polo GTI, Golf GTI & Up GTI Driven: What's So Special about These Performance Cars?
- Bollywood Star Jacqueline Fernandez Gifts Make-Up Artist Jeep Compass SUV – Watch Video