Criminal Crow Forces Canadian Postal Service to Cease Deliveries
A crow continues to create chaos in its Canadian neighbouhood
(Image courtesy: AFP Relaxnews)
Canada's postal service confirmed on Tuesday that it has suspended mail delivery to a Vancouver neighborhood after repeated attacks on its carriers by a crow. Canuck the crow would often swoop in and peck at carriers delivering to three homes on the city's east side. On one occasion, according to media reports, a carrier was left bleeding.
Canada Post spokesman Phil Legault said in a statement to AFP that the safety of its employees is "of most importance." He cited several incidents "in this neighborhood when our letter carriers were attacked by a crow." Residents, he said, have been advised where to go to pick up their mail, adding that postal service would resume "as soon as possible when it's safe."
A bird believed to be the very same crow gained notoriety in 2016 for stealing a knife from a crime scene. It has also been spotted riding the city's metro and earlier this month got into a flap with a McDonald's diner while trying to steal her breakfast.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Avengers: Endgame Director Says Cancelling Spider Man Deal was Sony's 'Tragic Mistake'
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations