Usually, sleeping on the job will probably get you fired. Unless you work for this company, which pays you to sleep on the job!
A Bengaluru-based company named Wakefit has come up with a sleep internship, in which a person will be paid Rs 1 lakh to sleep nine hours a night. Yes, you have read it right.
Besides the handsome stipend, interns will be provided guidance by sleep experts, nutritionists, fitness experts and interior designers to improve the quality of sleep.
According to the company’s website, ideal candidates are “those who can thrive in a slow paced environment, conceptualise and deliver effective strategies on how to get themselves and their team members to sleep deeper and longer.”
Apart from this, affinity to cosy environments, napping, lazing and lounging will be considered additional qualities.
1. To be eligible for the internship, a candidate must have a degree in any field. If you used to fall asleep during lectures in school and college, it have an added bonus.
2. You should be able to fall asleep within 10-20 minutes of going to bed.
3. One should be a team player and has strong knowledge and a distinctive point of view on sleep products.
4. You should also have experience of sleeping in a noisy environment.
5. A candidate should be focused and have a disciplined approach to record and analyse personal sleeping patterns.
6. A person will be given preference, if they has a taste for Chamomile, and has low engagement on personal social media handles. Besides, they will be desirable if they lacks interest in content created by major streaming websites and has an active interest in meditative sleep techniques.
This is not the first time they have released the vacancies for sleeping interns.
Last time, around 1.7 lakh people registered for this internship and out of which, 23 applicants were selected – 21 were Indians and two foreigners.