Finally an Ad That Speaks the Mind of All Working Women Across the Country
"Whoever came up with this silly notion, That a girl should dress according to her profession? It’s the last thing on my mind."
Women face discrimination from all quarters. From being discriminated at home by parents to being accused at work for getting preferential treatment because you belong to a fairer sex- women have to constantly prove their worth in the society.
A new ad, by jewellery brand Tanishq, gives a brilliant take on working women and how, despite raised eyebrows, discrimination, weariness of people, women prove that they are much more than a pretty face. The women are interns at ad agencies, corporate executives, teachers and all of them have one thing in common- that they bring their best to work. That despite responsibilities, lack of experience, they manage to shine.
The video has a poem playing in the background which is aptly titled, Last thing on my mind. The lines go something like this.
"To those who live in their little bubble,
That a girl can’t juggle between the office and the home,
Because they think it’ll be such a struggle.
Well, it’s the last thing on my mind.
And how some colleagues get a kick
About how I’m getting ahead,
Just because I’m a chick!
It’s the last thing on my mind."
Prejudices, societal norms, familial responsibilities can all be juggled if you are sure of yourself and your work. The ad celebrates the strength of all women- working as well as those who aren't- and their ability to do everything, juggle roles with ease and much more.
Watch the video here:
Recommended For You
- Huawei P20 Pro First Impressions Review: All Flagship Elements Done Right
- Anushka is Obsessed with Husband Virat's Wardrobe, Sports His T-Shirt Yet Again; See Pics
- IPL 2018: Kaul Reprimanded for Breach of Conduct Against Mumbai
- When Coldplay's Chris Martin Sang Arijit Singh's Channa Mereya In Maiden India Concert
- Olympic Gold Remains Ultimate Dream, Says Bajrang Punia After Dominant Show in Gold Coast