'Grin and Bear it': Photos of Giant Panda Undergoing CT Scan Go Viral
The 110-kilogram (243-pound) bear underwent the scan while under anesthesia.
A Berlin zoo says a giant panda whose twin cubs have captured international attention has undergone a CT scan after veterinarians discovered one of his kidneys was smaller than the other.
The zoo said Tuesday that 9-year-old Jiao Qing was examined last week by experts at the city’s Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research after the discrepancy was picked up on an ultrasound.
The 110-kilogram (243-pound) bear underwent the scan while under anesthesia. Doctors confirmed one kidney is smaller.
The panda’s urine will be tested to determine whether the smaller kidney is functioning properly. Even if not, animals can live healthy lives with only one kidney.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 2019 is Ending But the 'Beginners' Memes are Just Starting
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report