'I Don't Think So' Says Driver and Flees After Being Stopped by Traffic Cop
According to court documents, an officer tried to pull over the 41-year-old Barnett for driving the wrong way on a one-way street in Las Cruces, but she refused to stop.
Image for representation.
A New Mexico woman is facing charges after police say she fled an officer during a traffic stop and told him, “I don’t think so.”
Doña County court documents show Ricci Barnett was arrested April 21 following the exchange.
According to court documents, an officer tried to pull over the 41-year-old Barnett for driving the wrong way on a one-way street in Las Cruces, but she refused to stop. The documents say the officer made contact with Barnett as she stopped at a red light.
When the officer showed Barnett his badge, court documents say she responded, “I don’t think so,” and drove off.
She was eventually taken into custody and charged with aggravated fleeing from a law enforcement officer and reckless driving.
It was not known if she had an attorney.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Streaming Now: Krystle D'souza Turns Gold Digger in Fittrat, Amazon Prime's Modern Love is a Must-Watch
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football