Internet Bursts with Memes After King Kohli Decides To Take a Break On Field
Star batsman Virat Kohli decided to take a break when play was disrupted as Sri Lankan players found it difficult to breathe at Kotla stadium.
Photo credits: Sony/ Hotstar
The photograph of King Kohli lying flat on the pitch after batting for two days was picked up immediately by social media users who added funny captions to it and turned the photo into a hilarious overnight meme.
At a time when #SriLankan players were wearing masks unable to catch their breath; Very close to them this happened. A superhuman was breathing deep and relaxing. #Savage #ViratKohli #INDvSL pic.twitter.com/EnDeC1ml91— Mikkhail Vaswani (@MikkhailVaswani) December 3, 2017
Relatives : Pure din kya karte ho ??— 18🏏 (@Crichipster) December 3, 2017
Me : pic.twitter.com/bSNzS4NqXL
Virat Soli pic.twitter.com/rjUvYFlyuq— SAGAR (@sagarcasm) December 3, 2017
When you’re tired of playing against Sri Lanka all the time.. pic.twitter.com/bKaFXDHCRg— Sameer Allana (@HitmanCricket) December 3, 2017
* Warriors found peace in their mother's arms * pic.twitter.com/zcZWDE46X5— Hunट₹₹♂ (@nickhunterr) December 3, 2017
Dhoni can stump him out easily if he Sneezes. pic.twitter.com/W2gJsoBQAo— डि.के. (@itsdhruvism) December 3, 2017
The floor is century! pic.twitter.com/LEZlkjTwka— Silly Point 🏏 (@FarziCricketer) December 3, 2017
After scoring 3 double hundreds in 2016, Kohli has now scored 3 in 2017. More importantly, he has joined his role model Sachin Tendulkar and former opener Virender Sehwag at the top of the list with 6 double hundreds for India.
(AP Photo/Altaf Qadri)
The list of the double hundreds for India in Tests goes, 6 for Tendulkar, Sehwag, and Kohli. Followed by 5 for Rahul Dravid, 4 for Sunil Gavaskar and 4 for Cheteshwar Pujara.
In fact, he also scored a double in the last game in Nagpur as he now joins an elite list of players who have scored double hundreds in back-to-back games. Wally Hammond did it in 1928-29 and 1933, Don Bradman did it in 1934, Vinod Kambli did it in 1993, Kumar Sangakkara in 2007, Michael Clarke in 2012 and now India skipper Kohli in 2017.
Recommended For You
- IIFA Awards 2018: Irrfan Khan, Sridevi and Tumhari Sulu Bag Top Honours
- Roger Federer Loses Number 1 Spot as Borna Coric Stuns Him in Halle Final
- This Throwback Video Of Kareena Kapoor Khan, Karisma Kapoor Dancing Their Heart Out Is Too Good To Miss
- Ayaz Memon: Chandimal Temerity After Sandpaper Gate Boggles the Mind
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra Looks Ravishing in a Amit Aggarwal Saree at UK-India Awards 2018; See Pics