Last Wish: Woman Who Drank 40 Cups of Tea Daily, Buried in Giant 'Tea Bag' Coffin
Tina Watson loved drinking tea and had an unusual last wish.
Image for representation purpose.
Tea should not be called “just a beverage”.
It is an emotion for many of us. And for a woman, it became her final resting place.
Tina Watson loved drinking tea and consumed around 40 cups of tea daily.
She had an unusual last wish and she gave clear instructions to her daughter about it.
‘I want to be buried in a coffin that looks like a giant box of tea bags.’
Watson’s wish was granted on Friday when, for her funeral, the hearse arrived with a bright red coffin in the back. ‘Typhoo: Great British Tea since 1903’ was painted on it, reported the Daily Mail.
Debs Donovan, Watson’s daughter told the daily that this was very typical of her mother, who had a wicked sense of humour.
She further said that her mother loved her cuppa and drank nearly 30-40 cups of tea daily.
Watson died at the age of 73 due to heart failure.
Speaking about her, Donovan said that she was always cheerful and never let her health worries, like beating cancer twice and having both legs amputated, come in the way of her happy nature.
“She lost one leg after the bite got infected after being bitten by an insect in Spain 14 years ago,” she said. “Mum then lost the other leg when the infection spread further. She never let anything get her down.”
Remember her mum’s joyous nature; Deb said she would be laughing like a drain after looking at the coffin.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India's Young Shooters Shine With Gold and Silver Medal Shows on ISSF World Cup Finals Day 2
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda
- Tesla Launches Electric ‘Cybertruck' Inspired From Blade Runner Movie, Priced at $39,900
- Microsoft Delays Surface Earbuds to Next Year, as Things Aren’t Quite Right
- Kartik Aaryan Tries to Troll Ananya Panday for Her Pants, She Shuts Him up with Epic Response